Talking Points Archives - 2014
Updated: Jan 4, 2016TALKING POINTS
Extracts from the October 8, 2014 Executive Committee Meeting
- Executive Committee devotional was conducted by Mark Lastimoso, the new lead pastor of the Hinsdale Fil-Am Church.
- Voted to invite Pastor Roger Esteves, currently in the British Columbia Conference, to be the pastor of the Peoria district.
- Voted to appoint the Human Resources Director, currently Deborah Perez, to the Personnel Committee.
- Voted to invite Pastor Abraham Henry to be the volunteer pastor of the New Jerusalem Church.
- Voted to install Pastor Trevor Smith to be the volunteer pastor of the Vernon Memorial Company.
- Voted to approve the Lay Pastors program as presented in the guidelines provided during the August 20, 2014 Executive Committee meeting.
- Current membership total is 13456 which includes 229 baptisms, 29 professions of faith and 17 rebaptisms in 2014.
- Voted to approve Russell Summers as the Area 2 Disaster Relief Group Leader.
- Voted not to offer the reduced standard medical plan at this time, but to increase the Health Care participation fee by $20 per unit.
- Voted to approve Pastor John Lewis as the Area 2 Ministerial Leader.