Talking Points Archives - 2014
Updated: Jan 4, 2016TALKING POINTS
Extracts from the August 20, 2014 Executive Committee Meeting
- On June 28, Elder Pichette was able to present the Springfield Church a check for about $166,000 from agency funds which were generated when churches closed in Jacksonville and Lincoln, Illinois. These churches were previously sponsored by the Springfield Church
- Area town halls were conducted in each area in preparation for our Illinois Conference constituency meeting scheduled for October 27 this year. These meetings were so positive that it was decided to conduct town hall meetings annually in each of the geographical areas.
- Voted to appoint Pastor John Glass, a retired pastor from the Wisconsin Conference to be the interim pastor for the Peoria church, while the search for a pastor continues.
- Voted to invite Pastor Mark Lastimoso to be the senior pastor of the Hinsdale Fil-Am Church.
- Voted to invite Pastor Adam Gaines to be the pastor of the re-organized Champaign district. This district now includes Champaign, Danville, Mattoon and Paris churches.
- Voted to invite Pastor Ronald Walker to be the volunteer pastor for the New Heights Church
- Voted to approve the appointments of Sandra Mansilla as Area 6 Pathfinder coordinator, and Israel and Abigail Rodriguez as Area 6 Adventurer coordinators.
- There have been 178 baptisms so far in 2014, bringing the membership total to 13402.