MISSION AKITA needs you! Come join us at Camp Akita, May 30 – June 6. Tasks for all skill levels! Work is always easier when you share the load with friends. Please apply by May 1. http://www.ilcsda.org/missionakita.
Employment Opportunity — Hinsdale Adventist Academy is seeking a part-time school treasurer. If interested please send resumé to Lori Aguilera: email@example.com by April 30, 2018.
Assistant Camp Ranger
Full-time, Salaried, Exempt, benefits
Please send resumés to Debbie at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or job description, please contact
Roger Henderson 978-815-3377 or email: email@example.com
Resumés by or before Tuesday, May 1, 2018
NATURAL REMEDIES & HYDROTHERAPY WORKSHOP TO TAKE PLACE AT ANDREWS UNIVERSITY—From May 7–11, 2018, the Seventh-day Adventist Theological Seminary at Andrews University will be holding its annual five-day Natural Remedies & Hydrotherapy Workshop in the Seminary building (Tan Hall), room N150.
Participants of the workshop will learn the power of natural remedies and hydrotherapy; practical ways to implement natural remedies and hydrotherapy; and how to effectively share these principles with others.
The workshop provides over 30 hours of cutting-edge, evidence-based science with the Seventh-day Adventist lifestyle message through lectures, hands-on learning, lively discussions and Q & A sessions. Topics include the power and practical application of natural remedies for vibrant health, prevention and lifestyle intervention for lifestyle diseases, and neuroplasticity—how the brain changes. Hydrotherapy hands-on labs will show practical hot/cold treatments and massage. You will learn what to do, how to do it and how to get motivated to enjoy living a healthful lifestyle.
The workshop is available for two Seminary graduate credits—GSEM 648 Natural Remedies & Hydrotherapy. The workshop is open to health professionals and community participants for $350. Attending spouse receives a 50 percent discount.
The workshop director is Evelyn Kissinger, a registered dietitian, health educator, international speaker and designer of wellness programs. Other presenters include the following:
- Zeno Charles-Marcel, associate director, health ministries, General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists
- Angie David, director, health ministries, North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists
- Sherine Brown-Fraser, chair, Department of Public Health, Nutrition & Wellness, Andrews University
- Dominique Gummelt, director, University Health & Wellness, Andrews University
- Torben Bergland, psychiatrist, health ministries, Trans-European Division of Seventh-day Adventists
- Vicki Griffin, director, Lifestyle Matters, Michigan Conference of Seventh-day Adventists
- Carola Janiak, co-founder and former CEO, Hands-on Medical Massage School, Redlands, California
- Duane McBride, professor of sociology, Department of Behavioral Sciences, Andrews University
- Lee Wellard, certified herb specialist
- JoAnn Rachor, certified coach with Wellcoaches
- Jason Hamel, emergency room physician, Lakeland Health
Fill out the registration form and submit payment to hold a place in the workshop. Space is limited to 60 participants, so register early to ensure your spot. The registration deadline is Friday, April 27.
For more information and to register, call 269-471-3541, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit andrews.edu/go/nrhw.
GO & TELL — is an evangelism fund for the Illinois Conference. Through GO & TELL we are able to fund evangelistic projects in local churches, and provide financial help for new church plants. Please help us promote this message in every church! This Facebook page is dedicated exclusively to Go & Tell ministries. Click on the link and like the page! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Go-Tell/1536181556661150.
For announcements of events sponsored by local churches, please click on the link to the right or below for your area. Below is a map showing the various areas in the Illinois Conference.